Sunday, March 13, 2011

Overwhelmed


I am just left with no words. My hubby and I made a pact that we would not watch any TV for 1 week (accept for the Bachelor finale because we are lame) because it has caused such a distraction to us lately. We are really trying to dig into the Word more and have conversation with one another about what we read...that is..after our kids are asleep...before that..we are playin' with them! The pact was made Thursday of last week...we did well...even Friday morning we didn't have even the slightest clue that devistation was causing havok on the island of Japan. My sister-in-law had to run up stairs just to clue me in...I was speecheless...and hooked to the TV ever since. Not ever moment of the day...but once the house has settled...Mark and I turn on the news and soak it all up. I don't want to...but feel this is the least I can do. The least I can do is watch and pray for what I see. It is sad..devistating...not fair..and not God. He doesn't want it..He doesn't like it and for people to wonder why "he" has done this makes my heart sick. I know my Lord is with them there...though most don't know Him. He is holding their tears, their hearts, their bodies with His hands. His nailed scard hands. Even those that don't know Him..He is there.

I was at church this morning. We were worshiping and the song "Overwhelmed" was playing:

"I am nothing, yet You bid me
Come to You, o Lord Almighty
As I come I'm overwhelmed with You.
Humbly now I break the silence
As I'm weeping in Your presence
I'm so wretched, overwhelmed with You.

Your blood of redemption
Is covering my shame (echo)
Your voice that shakes the heavens
Is whispering my name (echo)
As You catch my tears with Your nail-scarred hand
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed with You.
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed with You.

I am nothing, yet You bid me
Come to You, o Lord Almighty."

The line "As You catch my tears with Your nail-scarred hand" hit me so hard. I think of this line often. I can just see Jesus' hands catching the tears of those crying in Japan. He is in their midst. He is hurting..for them. He already hurt for them and I and all when He was nailed to the cross. I just can't stop thinking about Jesus over there. I am overwhelemed by Him. Watching all the footage..I have to be honest...has scared me a little. The potential of it happening here is possible and it does scare me. But, I know my Savior..He lives and is with us no matter what happens. All I can do is pray for his mercy on them and on us here. And all I can do is hold my babies so close...a little tighter and thank God for every minute He has given me with them. I am thankful for what He has entrusted me with. My babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment